Monday 18 April 2011

A week in Ripley

Firstly I would like to apologise for not blogging for a couple of weeks. I was struck down with a bad chest infection which took two lots of antibiotics to clear and as if that was not bad enough my daughter came home with a nasty stomach bug and felt she had to share it with me.

Anyway now that I have stopped feeling sorry for myself let me tell you about my week away in Ripley. A friend of mine has a static caravan in Ripley and kindly lets us use it. Well we say caravan but it has all the luxury of home. Daniel decided to play David Bailey and take photos to give you a guided tour.


Outside our home for a week.


The living area.


Where I practised come dine with me every night.


The master bedroom


One of the two twin rooms


The best power shower.

Having four children and living on a tight budget I would say this is an ideal place for the kids to have fun without it costing a fortune. Before we left home I asked Daz to pack the PS2 thinking the boys could conect to the tv in their room incase we had a rainy day. On arriving at the van Daniel went straight to set it up. Guess who forgot the controllers? Yes you guessed it Daz, oh the boys were not happy and I instantly felt panic set in that two stroppy boys could ruin the week. How wrong I was and what a lovely week we had without two zombies glued to a computer game.

Ripley caravan site is lovely for all ages. The idyllic setting in the countryside with rabbits and ducks roaming free. For the children there is a games room, an indoor heated swimming pool and a lovely outdoor play area. A large grassed area makes a great space for football, cricket or rounders. The site has a shop which is open 3 times a day in high season and stocks all essential items. The kids bought 40 pence bags of duck food which they took to the large duck pond and had a great time.


Entrance to the site.


Olivia monkeying around at the play park.


Phone box at the side of the indoor pool.

For anyone visiting the site with a tourer van or tent they have brilliant shower/toilet facillities. Once when I was staying at the van last year as there were several of us to get ready for a night out we used the showers and they are very powerful and lovely and warm. The laundry room is great and everywhere is kept clean.


The shower block/ laundry room etc.

The site is a ten minute walk from Ripley which is famous for its ice cream and castle. The kids enjoyed several walks into Ripley. The butchers is amazing and the meat is very succulent!! I also bought vegetables from the farm shop which were very fresh and tasty. The kids love the famous ice cream and I think Daz enjoyed them too.


Walking in to Ripley


The famous Ripley Ice Cream shop.


All enjoying an ice cream.


Lets just leave the kids locked up for a while.


Ripley Castle.




As well as our walks in to Ripley we went into Harrogate which is a ten minute drive away from the caravan site. The boys hated the shopping but I had fun browsing the sales and was even more delighted to see that Harrogate now has a Primarni!! I booked a train to Leeds for the Saturday where Olivia and I were going to meet Steff and have a look at her new student accomodation. From Harrogate you can also pop on a train to York.

We all had a great week away just relaxing and enjoying the country air. If you're looking for a nice break with (or without!) the kids I can't recommend Ripley enough.


Thank you Sally for letting us have a great week. Back very soon for more fun!!

(Oh guess what the boys did the minute we got home? YES went straight on the PS3 oh well we got a week with them).

No comments:

Post a Comment