Thursday 19 May 2011

The new me:- Week 2

My first week on my new healthy eating routine went really well, I am amazed how easy it is to follow now I have got used to it. At the end of week 1 I lost 8lb and definatly feel much better for it.

I have adapted a few recipes to make them healthier and the kids love them too which is great (Instead of double cream in sauces I use low fat greek yogurt). I used to eat a lot of a certain light yogurt as I thought they were good for me little did I realise how full of sugar they are. I now buy natural low fat yogurt and add fruit. I spend my day educating new mothers about what foods to avoid when weaning their babies e.g one small petit filous has the equivalent of a tsp of sugar in each pot, but I never thought to check out my low fat yogurts.

I am actually going to start swimming again tomorrow (I feel sick at the thought) and I am sure once I have got from the changing room to the water I will be fine. It does not help that I am going with a leggy blonde friend :-(, mind she is giving up one of her running nights bless her.

I have worked out it is 12 weeks from when I started to my holiday, this is my first target goal. Fingers crossed for my weigh in this week.

1 comment: